Government Peripheral Hospital established in the year 1978 and subsequently it was inaugurated on 30.04.1979 by Hon’ble Minister of Health and Social Welfare Mr.R.Soundararajan and the Hon’ble Education Minister Mr.S.Aranganayagam. In patient wards were opened during 1979 such as Male medical & Surgical, Female Medical & Surgical, Pediatric and labour ward. Outpatient departments like, male, female pediatric, surgical, Gynaec and dental OP. Initially there were only 9 medical officers, and 9 staff nurses and other category 44. It is located at South Chennai near Ashok Pillar and it serves for a population of 5 lakhs. It has bed strength of 100.
We don’t have any academic action.
We have 24 hrs. Emergency and Causality Services (MLC, Trauma, Poison Cases).
We have O.P. on all days and Operation Theatre on all days.
O.P. Timing: 7.30 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.
1. Male O.P.
2. Female O.P.
3. Pediatric O.P.
4. Surgical & Ortho
5. Obste & Gynaec O.P
6. Opthalmic O.P.
7. Dental O.P.
Extension O.P. from 10.30 A.M. 12.00 Noon
Per month around 28,000 to 30,000 OP cases, Per day 1000 to 1200 cases and 1500 cases on special clinic days.
I.P. Inpatient Cases: Per month around 1200 to 1500 cases and per day 40 to 50 cases.
1. Conduct Antenatal O.P. on all days & Gynaec O.P.
2. Cancers screening and Reproductive tract infections screening.
3. Hypertension and Diabetic O.P. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
4. IUCD Camp, Family Welfare Activities on all days.
5. Chest clinic on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
We have X-Ray and Lab facilities.
1. Ortho Department:
1. Upper limb & Lower limb fracture Fixation
2. Recurrent dislocation shoulder
3. Surgery for Tennis Elbow, Per-arthritis
5. CTEV Correction
6. Lumbar Discectomy
7. Bone Marrow Inj. For Non union
8. Soft tissue procedures of lower limb
1. Cyst Excision
2. Closed reduction of dislocations
3. Closed reduction of uncomplicated fractures
Obstetric & Gynaec Department
2. MTP with TAT
3. MTP with Cu-T
4. Interval TAT
5. Puerperal Sterilization
6. Caesarian Section
7. Fractional Curettage
8. Theraputic Curettage
9. Cervix Biopsy
10. Bartholin Cyst Excision
We do all the basic investigations like;
Hb%, PVC, TC, DC, ESR, Pl-Count, BT, CT, MP
Albumin, Sugar, Deposit, Bilesalt, Bilepigment
Ova, Cyst, Reducing substance
Sugar, Urea, Creatinine, Cholesterol
Blood grouping & Rh typing, Mantuax, Graveindex
Samples send to King Institute, Guindy
Leptospirosis, Dengue IgG, IgM,
Culture Sensitivity for; Blood, Urine, Pus, Sputum, Throats swab, Vaginal Swab.
Samples send to Govt. Royapettah Hospital
We do around 3000 to 5000 lab investigations per month.
We do around 100 to 150 lab investigations per day.
||Other than medical
Contact Phone No. 24892548 / 24892530